Solution for injection
Swine / Cattle
Vials of 50 ml, 100 ml and 250 ml.
Clinical packages containing 10 x 50 ml, 10 x 100 ml and 10 x 250 ml.
Each ml contains:
Other excipients, q.s.
Indications for use
- Treatment of respiratory infections caused by strains of Histophilus somni, Mannheimia haemolytica, Mycoplasma bovis and Pasteurella multocida susceptible to marbofl oxacin.
- Treatment of acute mastitis caused by strains of Escherichia coli susceptible to marbo. oxacin during the lactation period.
- Treatment of Postpartum Dysgalactia Syndrome –PDS- (Metritis Mastitis Agalactia Syndrome), caused by bacterial strains susceptible to marbofloxacin.
Posology and administration via
- Respiratory infections: 2 ml product/25 kg BW in a single injection by intramuscular route. If the volume to be injected is more than 20 ml, it should be divided between two or more injection sites. In cases of respiratory infections
caused by Mycoplasma bovis: 1 ml product/50 kg BW, in a single daily injection for 3 to 5 consecutive days, by intramuscular or subcutaneous route. The first injection may be given by the intravenous route.
- Acute mastitis: 1 ml product/50 kg BW in a single daily injection for 3 consecutive days by intramuscular or subcutaneous route. The first injection may also be given by the intravenous route.
- Intramuscular route: 1 ml product/50 kg body weight in a single daily injection for 3 consecutive days. In cattle and pig, the preferred injection site is the neck area.
Cattle: 8 mg/kg in single injection (IM): Meat and offal: 3 days. Milk: 72 hours 2 mg/kg daily for 3 to 5 days (IV/SC/IM): Meat and offal: 6 days. Milk: 36 hours
Pigs (sows): Meat and offal: 4 days.